I'm a team player like LeBron - Alaska import Romeo Travis

Discussion in 'Alaska Aces' started by Abi Conde, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Abi Conde

Abi Conde Reserve

TNT
    [​IMG]

INCOMING Alaska import Romeo Travis doesn’t envision himself scoring heavily to help the Aces win a championship in the PBA Governors Cup.

Instead, the muscular Travis believes his job is to simply add to what the Aces already have, noting the team already has the size, the experience, the work ethic and the strong chemistry under coach Alex Compton.

“They (Alaska players) are very good team without me, so we’re gonna try to be a great team with me,” Travis told Spin.ph before the team’s practice.

“They already have a really good team and I just wanna kinda add to their team. I don’t want to become the team, but just wanna be a big part of the team to help them win,” he added.

“That’s the type of player I am. I probably won’t ever score like 40 points, but that’s not my game because I’m here just to get rebounds, score and help this team to be better overall.”

Travis showed glimpses of what he can do last week when he joined hands with teammate Calvin Abueva to lead the Aces past San Miguel Beer, 102-98, behind a relentless defensive effort in the homestretch.

The left-handed Travis, a former high school teammate and childhood friend of NBA superstar LeBron James, banged in a three-pointer and added seven defensive rebounds in that stretch to help the Aces win the tune-up match.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/...cup-import-basketball-pba#070rqXUTKhB8jA32.99

Tags:
  2. Fantasy_Jules

Fantasy_Jules Reserve

AA
    Cavaliers
    sounds like a humble dude with a good head on his shoulders :)