PBA Commissioner's Cup Imports update

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Dzee, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dong13

Dong13 refolyo Starter

BGSM
    Spurs
    di ata nila yan kukunin kasi ang taas ng demand na presyo then net of tax pa un hihi

2. Dong13

Dong13 refolyo Starter

BGSM
    Spurs
    confirmed na bro, dumating na sya and its his 2nd day of conditioning today.

Mejo undersize tayo , pero I believe in Coach TC's plan..

3. Dong13

Dong13 refolyo Starter

BGSM
    Spurs
    ung IMPORT nyo wala na , naTSUGI na.. lol..

4. Dong13

Dong13 refolyo Starter

BGSM
    Spurs
    naging import na din ng Ginebra yan dba? Mejo tanders na nga kaya di na siguro kukunin.. Pero lakas padin ng Import ng SMB ngayon.. Quad Towers sila..

Rhodes and Fajardo sa first five then supporting bigman sina Reyes and De Ocampo..

5. exodus7

exodus7 All Star

PF
    Wala na tayo magagawa dyan sir malakas talaga ang SMB kahit san mo tignan eh...sana nga mas malakas yung mga import ng ibang teams para may pantapat sa kanila..

6. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Alaska set to parade Pacers guard Monta Ellis’ cousin in Comm’s Cup

The 12-import cast in the 2017 PBA Commissioner’s Cup is now complete.

After several weeks of uncertainty, Alaska coach Alex Compton announced on Thursday night that the Aces are set to parade Octavius Ellis as their reinforcement in the import-spiced mid-season tourney that gets going next week.

The 6-foot-10 Ellis, a proud cousin of Indiana Pacers guard Monta, is expected to arrive in Manila on Thursday evening, with Compton personally picking him up from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

An undrafted aspirant from the University of Cincinnati in the NBA rookie draft last year, Ellis, who will turn 24 on Friday, is fresh from his European stint with Montenegro-based squad Moranar Bar in the Adriatic League.

Ellis should have his hands full in helping Alaska duplicate—or even surpass—its bridesmaid finish to defending champion Rain or Shine in last year’s tournament.
    The Aces will open their title campaign against the GlobalPort Batang Pier on March 18 at the Cuneta Astrodome.

7. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    2017 PBA Commissioner's Cup Import

Alaska Aces - Octavius Ellis
    Brgy. Ginebra San Miguel - Justin Brownlee
    Blackwater Elite - Greg Smith
    GlobalPort Batang Pier - Sean Williams
    Mahindra Floodbuster - James White
    Meralco Bolts - Alex Stepheson
    NLEX Road Warriors - Wayne Chism
    Phoenix Fuel Masters - Eugene Phelps
    Rain or Shine Elasto Painters - Shawn Taggart
    San Miguel Beermen - Charles Rhodes
    Star Hotshots - Tony Mitchell
    TNT KaTropa - Denzel Bowles

8. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Here come the reinforcements.

Check out every import for each PBA team for the coming 2017 Commissioner's Cup.

Some of them need no introduction as they've already made a tour of duty here.

source

• Like Like x 1
  9. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Alaska searching for import as Ellis leaves due to ‘family emergency’

Alaska is left scrambling once more for an import in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup as young reinforcement Octavius Ellis had to leave for the U.S. due to a “family emergency”.

Aces coach Alex Compton confirmed the development to FOX Sports Wednesday night.

“I don’t know his flight schedule but he will be leaving. He had a family emergency. Eh ano gagawin mo diyan? So we just have to find a way, play hard and no excuse,” bared Compton.

Ellis, who just turned 24 recently, arrived late last week. He is a cousin of Indiana Pacers combo guard Monta Ellis.

The Cincinnati alum however, seemed to be an unproven reinforcement, with Alaska being just his second team abroad after going undrafted in last year’s NBA draft and eventually playing in the Adriatic League..

The 6-foot-10 lanky American though won’t be able to strut his stuff anymore in Philippine soil.

For the moment, Compton said he’s currently talking with a prospect, though they still have to go through the process of sealing the deal, sign the contract and book the next available flight to Manila.

“I’m working on it (finding a replacement for Ellis) right now, but I’m hoping. I think I got the guy, but it’s not like an immediate process because you don’t get him instantaneously just because you want him,” explained Compton.

“You have to talk if he’s available, get plane ticket if he’s available, negotiate a contract and do all that.”

Compton admitted the Aces are already pressed for time considering that they will play their first game for the Commissioner’s Cup this Saturday against the GlobalPort Batang Pier at the Cuneta Astrodome.

10. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

TNT Katropa drops Denzel Bowles a day before Commissioner's Cup opener

TNT Ka-Tropa has decided to drop Denzel Bowles just a day before the PBA Commissioner's Cup officially opens.

Ka-Tropa team manager Virgil Villavicencio said on Thursday the former Best Import failed to meet the team’s expectations.

"He's flying out today. He wasn't able to meet the team's expectations. He's not fit," Villavicencio said.

TNT expects to name a new import within the day.

The Commissioner's Cup opens on Firday but the Texters have still have time to adjust gameplans with their first game set next Friday against Meralco.

Bowles put up averages of 26 points and 13 boards with the Purefoods franchise and led the club to the 2012 Commissioner's Cup title.

Coach Nash Racela and Ranidel de Ocampo declined to further comment, with the latter just stating that Bowles had 'issues' that could affect the whole team.

Bowles had a highly publicized Twitter rant against his former team, particularly former head coach Jason Webb.

11. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Alaska finds Octavius Ellis replacement in nick of time with ex-Nets forward Cory Jefferson

ALASKA has beaten the buzzer in its search for a replacement import as it has tapped the services Cory Jefferson for PBA Commissioner's Cup.

Jefferson, the last pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by San Antonio and last played for the Spurs' D-League affiliate Austin Spurs, is replacing Octavius Ellis, who had to leave due to an urgent family matter.

Aces coach Alex Compton confirmed the development on Thursday.

The Aces thus found a replacement in the nick of time -- two days before they open their midseason tournament campaign vs Globalport.

12. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Phelps set to leave Phoenix after monster 53-point effort

It seems like Eugene Phelps’ return to Phoenix is literally a one time, big time affair.

Carrying the Fuel Masters to a thrilling double-overtime win over Blackwater, stand-in import Eugene Phelps said he’s already set to leave on Sunday for rest before honoring his prior commitment to a Puerto Rican league.

“I think I’m leaving tomorrow (Sunday). I (have to) leave to Puerto Rico on the 29th so I need my break,” bared Phelps to the surprise of the mediamen.

Phelps knew of the complicated circumstances beforehand that he consciously made the most of his stopover in the PBA as he poured 53 points, hauled down 21 rebounds and swatted 7 shots in what could be his first and last game for the 2017 PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

“It’s my only game here so I had to make a good appearance and win for the team,” said the 27-year old high-scoring reinforcement.

“I already signed (with Puerto Rico) but coach Ariel (Vanguardia) hit me up right after Taiwan and asked me if I could come in for like a game or two,” he explained as Phoenix left scrambling in search for an import as Jarrid Famous failed to get a clearance at GlobalPort.

Phelps is scheduled to backstop Brujos de Guayama, his second team in four years, in the Southern America country, where he got his monicker “El Destructor.”

Vanguardia, though, insisted it’s still not goodbye for Phelps as Phoenix is still awaiting for the reinforcement that will arrive this week.

“Di pa sure yan,” he texted FOX Sports when sought to comment.

Vanguardia hopes Phelps can still stick around for 1 to 2 games.

source

13. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
  14. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

TNT looking at NBA 'energy guy' Lou Amundson as possible replacement for Denzel Bowles

TNT KaTropa are looking to tap the services of a certified NBA veteran as import for the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

The Texters are bringing in 10-year NBA veteran Lou Amundson as one of two possible replacements for Denzel Bowles ahead of the team's conference debut on Friday night against Meralco.

Amundson, 34, carved a reputation as an 'energy guy' in the NBA and played his best years with the New York Knicks, averaging six points, six rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.3 blocks in 20.9 minutes in 41 games in the 2014-15 season.

The rugged forwad, who has Swedish heritage, also had stints with the Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ers, Golden State Warriors, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Pelicans, LA Clippers, Chicago Bulls, and the Cleveland Cavaliers in a journeyman career.

The Philippine Star’s Nelson Beltran first reported the development, posting a tweet about it on Monday afternoon.

Asked for confirmation, team manager Virgil Villavicencio expressed nothing is cast in stone yet.

“Not sure yet,” the TNT official said in a text message.

The 6-foot-9 Amundson is set to arrive on Tuesday, but he is not the team's only option. Another prospect is trying to secure his release from a team in the Puerto Rican league, team insiders said.

SOURCE