Tony Mitchell: Star Hotshots Import [2017 Commissioner's Cup]

Discussion in 'Star Hotshots' started by baymax, Feb 28, 2017.

1. baymax

baymax Starter

PF
    Bulls
    [​IMG]

Star taps ex-Detroit forward Tony Mitchell as Comms Cup import

Former Detroit Pistons forward Tony Mitchell is set to reinforce the Star Hotshots when the 2017 PBA Commissioner’s Cup kicks off on March 17.

2. Dzee

Dzee All Star

PF
    Bulls
    Immaturity of Tony Mitchell is very evident last Manila Clasico, obviously hindi pa nya alam na ganun ang laro pag kalaban ang Ginebra. Sabi nga ni coach Chito, hindi nya na prepare ung mental toughness ng team. But what is important is the learning experience, talo sya sa import match up, and even LA evaded his defense, and natapalan pa sya ni Japhet, so i think he needs to mature up his game, and i'm hoping na kung may chance pa na magkatapat sila (maybe in the Play-off), mas maganda na ang ipapakita nya.

3. jamj3

jamj3 Reserve

PF
    Nuggets
    I would be really glad if Mitchell proves me wrong, but Ratliffe needs to be signed-up whenever he's available.

4. Marrjoss_11

Marrjoss_11 Solid Purefoods Fan Since 1988 Starter

PF
    Lakers
    For me bigyan pa natin sya ng another chance, baka siguro nabigla lang sya sa crowd ng fans ng mga ginebra kaya nasira diskarte nya saka kung mapapansin natin naka concentrate ang depensa sa kanya nung 3rd & 4th quarter. pero ako nga din mukhang nagdududa sa kanya i mean dapat sya ang import dapat pag mga crucial stage dun sya nag de-deliver pero wala sya nung nakahabol ang ginebra dahil sa foul trouble. dapat mag mature sya kasi lagi na lang syang foul trouble. ang gusto ko lang sa kanya yung energy at defense na nabibigay nya sa team sabi nga ni coach chito sya ang anchor ng defense natin pag mawala sya sa loob mabubutas depensa natin. nasa halfway na tyo ng conference ito na yung time nya para masubukan natin sya kasi mga mabibigat na team na naka line up sa mga susunod na games natin.

5. jamj3

jamj3 Reserve

PF
    Nuggets
    It ain't just about that loss to Ginebra. Yes we started 4-0 with Mitchell, problem is, those teams we beat aren't the same teams that's going to be in the playoffs.

We are not as deep and talented compared to other teams to be settling for a role player of an import. Not sure how good Rhodes is, but even an average import will do for San Miguel given their depth. Ginebra may have the shortest import, but we all know Brownlee can certainly carry that team on his back...even schooled our import last time I checked. Even TnT had to bring in Greene who's more of a go-to-guy than Amundson.

We can probably make some noise in the playoffs with Mitchell, but I think we have the potential to go all the way with Ratliffe.

6. Marrjoss_11

PF
    Lakers
    I agree with you in terms of offense of mitchell but again i said it before like his energy and defense...For now i think we have to watch the game between SMB and Star i think this will be a crucial game for mitchell in terms of staying here or not...we'll wait for the game result and management decision after the game because for sure after that game they can assess what mitchell can give or not to give to our future games it's management decision now i think....we'll wait and see.

7. jamj3

jamj3 Reserve

PF
    Nuggets
    Partida pa yun Rhodes was saddled with fouls and yet he had a better performance and was able to finish the game. Mitchell simply quit.

Gaya ng sinabi ni Charlie Cuna, meron silang pandiin in Rhodes, meaning go to guy. Eh tayo??? We've already played 6 games, adjusting pa rin ba si Mitchell???

Question for me now is the availability of Ratliffe...

Marrjoss_11 likes this.
  8. Marrjoss_11

PF
    Lakers
    it looks like i am agreeing with you again.....again graduate na naman sya di sya nakatulong dun sa paghabol natin sa last minute nung games. pero kakabasa ko din lang sa article dito sa hoops mukhang walang balak magpalit ng import si coach chito malaki pa din pananampalataya nya kay mitchell.

9. exodus7

exodus7 All Star

PF
    Para sa akin mga sir may konteng problem din ang locals eh...no leadership.

Sa mga crucial moments na hahabol tayo problem is decision making...

Si Tony may kahinaan sya pero yung locals natin parang hilo din eh...

10. Marrjoss_11

PF
    Lakers
    mukhang kailangan ni mitchell na ma-realize nya ang role nya bilang import dapat kahit di ka high scoring na import mag provide ka ng leadership or better mag deliver ka sa mga crucial time, eh hinde eh nawala pa sya nung kailan pa natin sya kailangan na kailangan kasi graduate na naman sya. Im have nothing against mitchell kaya lang sana naman mag pakita naman sya ng ex NBA na player di lang sa depensa dapat din sa opensa

11. Dzee

Dzee All Star

PF
    Bulls
    This import will surely change for the better once he sees Pingris play. And once he will play with the same passion like Pingris, Many of us will begin to realize that he is the right import and will even thank the management for not replacing him because of the two losses against BGK and SMB. What really lacks right now is the leadership of Pingris that non of the other Star players can provide for the team. Take it from coach Chito.

Marrjoss_11 likes this.
  12. jamj3

jamj3 Reserve

PF
    Nuggets
    The hustle, energy and effort is there, i even like Mitchell's intensity. But even Ping's return won't remedy his deficiency in offense. Just sayin'.

13. Marrjoss_11

PF
    Lakers
    I agree to bro pag nakita nyang nakikipagpalitan ng mukha si ping dahil sa bola tyak mahihiya itong di sumipag sa opensa at depensa, saka tama ka sir iba ang laro ng star pag anjan si ping......haist ang tagal naman nyang bumalik.

14. knlght

knlght All Star

PF
    in terms of offense my god wala na ilalabas yan. Kitang kita naman walang footwork. Hype and Energy YES 100%. Other than that wala na :)

Marrjoss_11 likes this.
  15. knlght

knlght All Star

PF
    Ayos.....Graduate nanaman lolx

Marrjoss_11 likes this.
  16. dean

dean Admin

Knicks
    [​IMG]

Stay or go home? Star to evaluate foul-prone Mitchell on All-Star break

With Star already contending for a playoff spot, Hotshots Coäch Chito Victolero is facing a tough decision heading into the PBA All-Star break.

Athletic import Tony Mitchell had another foul-plagued performance on Saturday but fortunately, Star escapes with a narrow 96-90 win over Blackwater on Saturday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

“Right now, all the teams in the PBA, ito yung time na ia-assess namin yung imports namin kung kailangan namin sila to stay or what,” said Victolero, answering queries on whether he is open to replacing the slam-dunking Mitchell.

Mitchell was explosive for the Hotshots during the franchise’s 4-0 start in the Commissioner’s Cup, but showed difficulty adjusting to the PBA style of play that got him into foul trouble most of the time. In fact, the game against the Elite was no different.

While he topscored for the Hotshots with 17 points, the 25-year old Mitchell committed 6 turnovers and couldn’t finish the game as he fouled out for the second straight time, a cause of concern for Victolero.

Mitchell averaged 20.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.3 blocks against 4 turnovers and 5.7 fouls in the last three games where Star posted a 1-2 record.

“Honestly, hindi pa rin (satisfied) kasi na-foul trouble na naman sya at fouled out na naman,” said the young PBA mentor, when asked to comment on Mitchell.

While Victolero is willing to talk to Mitchell regarding the much-needed adjustments of his game, he is also not closing doors on the idea of finding a replacement if and when he deems necessary.

“Kung ano ang best para sa team,” he said. “Kung tingin namin na si Tony yung makakapagdala sa amin sa playoffs, he will stay. Pero kung tingin namin kailangan namin (magpalit), gagawin namin yun.”

Source: Stay or go home? Star to evaluate foul-prone Mitchell on All-Star break

17. JM007

JM007 Starter

PF
    Bulls
    I would rather give Tony the pink slip. we could have gone 2-5 however we were saved by locals. Sa tingin ko Cardo is ready by the end of April.

knlght and Marrjoss_11 like this.